Advanced Java Concepts
Following on from the Introduction to Java course, this course covers more advanced Java concepts such as Swing, Threads, XML and web services.
- Working with Swing: Your first Swing application, Event Handling, Inner Classes, the Graphics2D object, LayoutManagers, ActionEvents, Swing components...
- Threading: Basic threads, running multiple threads, thread-safe programming, synchronised methods and locking
- Basic XML processing in XML: Introduction to XML, generating XML data, introduction to the different ways of processing XML in Java (DOM, SAX, Stax, JAXB), and a more detailed look at annotation-based XML processing with JAXB.
- Web Services in Java: Introduction to Web Services, writing annotation-based web services with JAX-WS 2.0.
At the end of this two-day workshop, students will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of threading and thread-safe programming in Java
- Write client-side Java applications using Swing
- Work with XML in Java
- Work with Java Web Services
Currently, this course is offered exclusively as an on-site course. Please contact us for more details.
This course is designed for developers with a basic understaning of the Java language, or as an extention of the Introduction to Java course.
All our courses are above all practical in nature. We believe that the best way to learn is by doing. So the course contains approximately 80% lab work.
This course is provided on-site, and can be tailored to your particular requirements. If you would like our trainings delivered at your premises, or for any additional information please contact us.