Streamline software development with Jenkins, the popular Java-based open source tool that has revolutionized the way teams think about Continuous Integration (CI). This complete guide shows you how to automate your build, integration, release, and deployment processes with Jenkins—and demonstrates how CI can save you time, money, and many headaches.
Ideal for developers, software architects, and project managers, Jenkins: The Definitive Guide is both a CI tutorial and a comprehensive Jenkins reference. Through its wealth of best practices and real-world tips, you’ll discover how easy it is to set up a CI service with Jenkins.
- Learn how to install, configure, and secure your Jenkins server
- Organize and monitor general-purpose build jobs
- Integrate automated tests to verify builds, and set up code-quality reporting
- Establish effective team notification strategies and techniques
- Configure build pipelines, parameterized jobs, matrix builds, and other advanced jobs
- Manage a farm of Jenkins servers to run distributed builds
- Implement automated deployment and continuous delivery
'Jenkins: The Definitive Guide' is an open source book released under the Creative Commons License. You can download the PDF version of "Jenkins: The Definitive Guide" using the link below. You can also purchase a copy in either paper or ebook format - all funds from the purchased copy will contribute to maintaining the online version.
If you are interested in Jenkins, you might also be interested in the Java Power Tools Newsletter. Wakaleo Consulting publishes a newsletter every month or two covering news and updates in the field of the Java Software Development Lifecycle tools,and also about upcoming Wakaleo training events. If you are interested in keeping tabs on the latest developments in Java development tools and techniques, please do sign up!